Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wonderbaby!


It's my very first sweater. I'm not being modest and I'm not looking for praise: I've done a lot, a lot of knitting, I've made mittens and hats and scarves and socks (not very successfully) but I was worried about making a sweater with it's seams and closures and whatnot.

So I decided to make a tiny sweater for a tiny person, which would be faster to knit and require less yarn investment. Then I found out that Linsay and Shane were making a tiny person and almost simultaneously I found this pattern at practicalpolly.blogspot.com. But it was for a full sized person so I adapted it. And that's the story of my sweater.

This is the front!

And the back!

And a close up of the snaps. A successful result of much squinting and hand-wringing and asking for advice from people who where sick of hearing about the stupid sweater.

Open snaps. To accommodate a giant baby head.

Wrist bands of power!

Just in case a knitter wanders onto my blog I'm including the charts I made for this sweater. I think they're accurate, and that they have enough information... if not please comment.



Actually I think there are some pretty big problems but I'm not going to figure it out unless I know somebody wants to knit it. So let me know.


1 comment: